1) Sheet metal shops keep the same hours as banks, only they are closed on
2) All sheet metal shops are very far away from where you live, and are in
3) Cutting large sheets of 16 gauge mild steel is easy with a beverly shear,
as long as two people move the metal while someone else cuts it.
4) Buy as much sheet metal as you can the first time, because your friends
will never, ever help you to do it again.
5) Cutting is easy until the metal moves to where you're standing, and
there's 3' more of it to cut through.
6) 16' of metal takes a long time to cut through.
7) Metal is harder to cut through when it's cooking you alive.
8) A roughly 4' x 4' sheet of metal will not fit in the back seat of a car,
but it will easily cut through rubber, leather, and cloth while you try.
9) Sheet metal can and will laugh at you.
10) Folding metal in half so it fits in your back seat is probably a lot
easier when it's not flaming hot.
11) Sheet metal is very, very sharp.
12) A sock will absorb more blood than you think.
13) A sheet of steel 4'x8' is too big and heavy for one person to move.
14) A sheet of steel 4'x4' is not an easy thing for one person to move,
especially when it's flaming hot.
15) Sheet metal becomes a lot heavier right before it falls on your foot.
16) Three words: tiny metal slivers.
17) When a large sheet of metal falls over, it destroys everything in your
18) Large sheets of metal make a lot of noise when they fall over at 3:45am.